Chicken and Polenta
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 14 oz bag sliced sweet peppers, frozen
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1 lb tube prepared polenta
- In a large deep skillet over high heat, warm olive oil. Add the chicken thighs and sauté for 5 minutes; turn and sauté 5 more minutes until very brown.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, peppers, olives, and water. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 18 minutes, until a fork can be inserted into the chicken with ease.
- While the chicken is cooking, slice the polenta into1-inch thick rounds. Warm a large, non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place the polenta slices on the skillet or griddle; cook 7 minutes on each side.
- To serve, place the polenta slices on serving dish. Top with chicken; spoon sauce on top.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.