Chicken Chile Mac 'n Cheese
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 Anaheim chile peppers, diced
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 Tbs all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 lb.) box macaroni pasta, cooked
- 8 oz diced grilled chicken breast
- 1 (6 oz.) can olives, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup Japanese style panko breadcrumbs
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until melted and foamy. Stir in peppers and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook for 1-2 more minutes until smooth and golden. Whisk in chicken broth, a half cup at a time, until smooth and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and remove from heat. Add pasta, chicken and olives and pour into a lightly greased 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs, sprinkle with paprika and bake in a 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.