Chicken Drumsticks with Lemon and Garlic
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs garlic, minced
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In small skillet over medium-low heat, combine olive oil, garlic, and lemon zest. Cook until garlic begins to color, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Stir in lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Place in zippered plastic bag and add chicken drumsticks; toss well to coat. Refrigerate and let marinate at least one hour or overnight.
- Prepare gas or charcoal grill, or preheat broiler. Remove chicken from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for around 20 minutes; discard marinade.
- Grill drumsticks uncovered (or broil) over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, turning to sear all sides. Turn down to medium-low heat and continue grilling for an additional 12 to 15 minutes, turning every 3 minutes, until cooked through. Drumsticks should register 170°F on a meat thermometer.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.