- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbls vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 pieces French sourdough bread, about 6 inches each, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Olive Spread1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 1/2 cups bottled pickled vegetables, drained
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, drained
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed green olives, drained
- 1 jar (1/2 cup) artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tbls capers
- 2 tbls parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbls olive oil
- In food processor, place Olive Spread ingredients: roasted red peppers, pickled vegetables, Kalamata olives, green olives, artichoke hearts, capers, parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper and olive oil. Chop by pulsing until consistency of cole slaw. Marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Prepare gas or charcoal grill, or preheat broiler. Place chicken breast halves between two pieces of wax paper; pound gently to 1/4 inch thickness. Brush each side of chicken with vegetable oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until cooked throughout.
- Assemble sandwich by opening bread and drizzling each half with olive oil. Spread 1/2 cup Olive Spread on bottom of each sandwich; top with grilled chicken and one slice of Swiss and one slice provolone cheese.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.