Chicken Nori Salad Rolls
- 2 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 lb dried, thin, rice noodles
- 1 large cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch slices, and then lengthwise
- 12 sheets toasted nori (seaweed)
- 1/3 cup pickled ginger, thinly sliced and drained
- 12 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 1 Tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbs black sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbs prepared wasabi
- In large saucepan, place water over high heat and bring to a boil. Add chicken, return to boil, cover and remove from heat; let stand about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- With tongs, remove chicken and immerse in cold water to cool; lift out and drain.
- Return water in saucepan to a boil, add rice noodles and stir to separate. Return to a boil, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand about 3 minutes until noodles are tender; drain and immerse in cold water, drain again.
- Slice chicken crosswise into 1-inch strips.
- Lay one nori sheet on flat surface; arrange three chicken slices, end to end, in a horizontal line; top with ginger slices.
- Arrange one cucumber stick at edge of lettuce piece and roll tightly.
- Place lettuce roll on top of the ginger and distribute rice noodles evenly over the lettuce.
- Fold nori over filling and roll tightly, moistening edge to press and seal. Repeat process and arrange nori rolls, seam side down, on a platter. Cut crosswise and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Mix together soy sauce and wasabi; serve as dip.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.