Chicken Pita Pockets
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 Tbs dried dill weed
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 8 large pita bread halves
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to flatten.
- To make sauce, combine ranch dressing and dill; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add mushrooms and onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in pan; add chicken. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until internal juices run clear. Slice into strips.
- Stuff pita bread halves with lettuce, chicken strips, and mushroom mixture. Top with dill sauce. Serve with carrot sticks.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.