Chicken Sauté with Pineapple and Lemon Grass
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 stalks lemon grass, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 piece ginger (about 2 inches), coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbs Thai fish sauce (optional)
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 Tbs cornstarch
- 4 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbs mint, chopped
- Place chicken broth in small saucepan. Add lemon grass, ginger, and lime zest. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in fish sauce (if using); set aside.
- While the chicken broth mixture is simmering, warm vegetable oil over high heat in a large, non-stick skillet or wok. Toss chicken chunks in cornstarch.
- Add chicken to heated oil in two batches; sauté until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken, place on plate and set aside.
- Add pineapple chunks to pan and sauté quickly, about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet or wok. Pour chicken broth into pan through strainer, separating out lemon grass, ginger, and lime zest pieces. Discard these pieces.
- Stir over high heat until sauce reaches simmer, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 4 minutes, until sauce has thickened lightly; add salt. Sprinkle with cilantro and mint. Serve immediately over rice or noodles.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.