- 8 oz evaporated skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 12 oz green chili peppers, whole (three 4-ounce cans)
- 6 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 6 oz reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese, grated, divided
- 1 cup tomato sauce, (one 8-ounce can)
- Preheat over to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, beat evaporated skim milk with eggs and flour until smooth.
- Split open chiles; set aside.
- Mix jack and cheddar cheeses together. Reserve 1/2 cup (115g) of cheese for topping.
- In a 1 1/2 quart (1.5L) casserole dish, alternate layers of chiles, cheese and egg mixture. Slowly pour tomato sauce on top and sprinkle with the reserved cheese. Bake for approximately 1 1/4 hour.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.