Citrus Beet Salad
- 5 medium beets, stems removed
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 grapefruit, peeled
- 1 cup sprouts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash beets and pat dry. Place beets on a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Fold foil around the beets to create a sealed pouch. Place the pouch on a cookie sheet and bake until beets are tender. Cooking time varies on the size of the beets. After 30 minutes, pierce the beets with a fork. If they are still hard, return to the oven and test them every 15 minutes until they are tender.
- Remove from oven and stand until they are cool enough to handle. Use your hands to peel away the skin. Slice into bite size wedges and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Line the bottom of a large bowl with sprouts and top with beets and grapefruit. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and goat cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.