- 1 (7-ounce) jar pimento stuffed olives, drained (reserve 14 whole olives
- and 1 tablespoon olive juice)
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 14 slices wheat sandwich bread, crusts trimmed
- Place eggs in single layer in saucepan. Add enough tap water to come to at least 1 inch above eggs. Cover. Quickly bring just to boiling.
- Turn off heat. Remove pan from burner. Let eggs stand, covered in hot water for 15 minutes for large eggs, (12 for medium, 18 for extra large). Immediately run cold water over eggs, or place them in ice water until completely cooled. Peel and chop.
- Slice olives in half. In a large bowl, stir together chopped eggs, cheese, sliced olives and reserved olive juice until well blended. Mix completely.
- Cut each slice of bread in half. Spread ¼ cup of filling on a bread slice and top with remaining bread slice half. Insert toothpick into reserved whole pimento-stuffed olive, then insert into sandwich. Repeat preparation of remaining sandwiches.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.