Falafel Wraps with Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Falafel1 16-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 Tbs cooked bulgur wheat
- 2 Tbs whole wheat flour
- Lemon Tahini sauce1/4 cup tahini
- Juice from two lemons
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Wrap4 pitas
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 cup green leaf or romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup tzatziki (optional)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 cup tabouleh
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until smooth. Place in a sealable container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking oil, set aside.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of mixture and roll with your hands to create a ball. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Repeat for all the mixture. Makes about 12 equally sized falafel balls.
- Brush falafel with olive oil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. You can opt to broil them for an additional 2 minutes to brown the tops.
- In the meantime, combine all ingredients for the lemon tahini sauce in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth; set aside.
- To assemble, spread tzatziki over four warmed pitas. Top with three falafel ball, diced tomato, red onion, cucumber, and lettuce. Drizzle with lemon tahini sauce and sprinkle with feta cheese and tabouleh. Fold the pita and secure with tin foil. Serve warm.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.