Fancy Grilled Mushrooms
- 5 medium, fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 portobello mushrooms, stems removed and sliced lengthwise
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbs tamari
- 2 Tbs rice syrup
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 Tbs vegetable broth
- Combine last 6 ingredients in a small jar or bowl. Pour marinade over mushrooms arranged in a single layer in a baking pan. Turn the mushrooms so both sides are coated. Marinate 1 hour, flipping mushrooms occasionally.
- Place marinated mushrooms in a well-oiled grilling basket and cook over medium-hot coals 8 to 10 minutes or until done, turning occasionally and basting with remaining marinade. Watch carefully or they’ll burn.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.