Grilled Eggplant Slices
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 1/4 pounds or 570g)
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 tsp (2g) powdered
- 1/4 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Preheat a gas grill to high or build a fire in a kettle grill.
- Slice eggplant 1/3- to 1/2-inch (0.75 to 1.25cm) thick. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with the mixture.
- Place eggplant on the preheated grill. If you wish to have nice grill lines, turn only once on each side. Grill eggplant slices 10 to 14 minutes.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.