Italian Vegetable Custard
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coarsely shredded yellow summer squash
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 2.25 oz can sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- 2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 6 thin tomato slices
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oven to 450°F. Beat eggs and flour in medium bowl until smooth. Add yellow squash, zucchini, and 1/4 cup olives; mix well. Spread in greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake in center of 450°F oven just until custard is set, about 10 minutes.
- Mix Parmesan cheese, basil, and garlic salt; sprinkle over custard. Top evenly with tomato, remaining olives, onion, and Jack cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.