Jerk Chicken Thighs on Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 1 lb chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 Tbs dry jerk seasoning
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cups sweet potato, shredded
- 2 Tbs red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 12 oz bottle, mango chutney
- 1 fresh mango, diced
- 2 Tbs fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Rosemary sprigs
- Rub chicken thighs with dry jerk seasoning.
- In oven-proof pan, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 2 minutes on each side to brown.
- Place pan in 350ºF oven and cook for about 45 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender. Remove chicken and shred; set aside.
- In large bowl, place sweet potato, onion, salt, cayenne pepper, flour, and egg; stir to mix well.
- Spray frying pan with oil and heat pan over medium heat. Spoon a tablespoon at a time of the sweet potato mixture into the pan, making small pancakes. Keep pancakes warm on a plate while completing cooking.
- Top pancakes with shredded chicken and small dollop of chutney; place a pancake on top of chicken.
- Remove pancake stacks to serving plates and garnish each with diced mango and parsley. Pierce each stack with a rosemary sprig.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.