New York-Style Cheesecake
- 5 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon peel
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Crumb Crust2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (56 to 60 wafers)
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Crumb CrustHeat oven to 300°F. Mix vanilla wafer crumbs and egg whites in medium bowl until evenly moistened. Press evenly and firmly against bottom and 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 inches up sides of greased 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, lemon peel and vanilla in mixer bowl. Beat on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed until fluffy. Add 5 eggs and 2 egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add cream; beat until blended. Pour into chilled crust.
- Bake in center of 300°F oven until wooden pick inserted midway between center and edge of cake comes out clean, about 1-1/2 hours. Center will still be soft, but will firm up as cheesecake cools.
- Remove from oven; carefully loosen edge of cake from pan with metal spatula or thin knife. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate, loosely covered, until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.