Spicy Thai Beef Salad
- Salad:1 1/2 lbs flank steak
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbs freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups red leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into pieces
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped (optional)
- Dressing:1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs fish sauce, bottled
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, or red Thai pepper, seeded and minced
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Prepare dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar or bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Salt and pepper both sides of steak. Place steak on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with vegetable oil spray. Cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Cut each slice into 2-inch pieces.
- Prepare salad mixture (lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes green onion and mint leaves).
- Combine salad mixture, steak and dressing in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
Note: Look for fish sauce in the Asian section of the supermarket.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.