Planning a trip abroad? Let us help you prepare.
Up to 70% of travelers report some sort of health problem during or after a trip, especially those traveling to tropical locations.
When traveling outside of the U.S. it's best to be prepared before you go. Consult with our travel medicine specialists to create a travel health profile.
That way, before you leave, you can get the required and recommended immunizations*, and fill any prescription medications you may need while you’re away.
How It Works
- Complete the online Travel Medicine Consultation Form.**
- In the form, select the Albertsons Pharmacy to which you’d like your recommendations to be transmitted.
- The pharmacy staff at the location selected will contact you within 2 business days to discuss the recommendations and to set up an appointment to receive the immunizations.
The cost of this service is $49, and you'll be charged when you complete the online form.
Please note: Allow as much time as possible before your trip, as some immunization series need to be started a few weeks or even months before travel. Age restrictions vary by state. See pharmacy for details.
**For Idaho residents: Please see your local Albertsons Pharmacy instead of completing the online Travel Medicine Consultation Form.
Top 10 travel health tips
- Before you leave, get advice from a Travel Medicine Specialist.
- Let your body adjust once you arrive.
- Protect yourself from mosquito-borne illnesses.
- Never go barefoot, even on the beach.
- Make sure your water is purified.
- Consume only well-cooked food.
- Wash and peel all fruits and vegetables.
- Prefill any prescriptions, as they may not be available at your destination.
- Don’t swim in rivers, lakes and streams.
- Choose means of transportation carefully.
*Available immunizations vary by location and are subject to state law restrictions.