Apple Cider Gravy
Our Apple Cider Gravy is versatile and delicious! Make it fit your dietary and calorie needs by swapping out full fat ingredients for lighter alternatives. This is a quick, light gravy your whole family will go wild for this holiday season.
Total cook time
- 1/2 cup turkey broth (from the pan drippings) (chicken or beef broth can be substituted Canola cooking spray)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, finely chopped (1/2 teaspoon ground sage can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 4 teaspoons unbleached white flour
- 4 tablespoons Lucerne® whole milk, fat-free half-and-half, or low-fat milk
- Salt and black pepper to taste (optional)
Start heating a medium nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, coat it with cooking spray and add the chopped onion. Lightly brown the onion, stirring occasionally (about 3 minutes). Add the sage and cook, stirring, for 30-60 seconds. Reduce heat to simmer, and stir in the turkey drippings (or broth) and the apple cider.
In a small cup, blend the flour with 2 tablespoons of the milk or fat-free half-and-half then blend in the remaining 2 tablespoons of milk. Quickly whisk the mixture into the saucepan with the gravy and continue to simmer, whisking occasionally, until nicely thickened (about 2-4 minutes).
Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired and pour into your serving dish.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.