Creamy Tilapia & Shrimp Soup
Serve up something unexpected at your next dinner party with this Creamy Tilapia and Shrimp Stew from Albertsons. White wine, lemon juice and cream combine to create a rich, flavorful soup that is sure to satisfy. Serve with crusty bread or oyster crackers!
Total cook time
- 4-6 ounce tilapia fillets (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1 pound 31/40 raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups celery (thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (at room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- fresh dill
- celery leaves
- lemon zest
Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sauté celery with salt and pepper until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add wine and simmer for 2 minutes.
Pour broth into the pan and bring to a simmer. Add fish and shrimp, simmering until tilapia is opaque and the shrimp are pink, approximately 3-4 minutes.
Add heavy cream. Cook additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Serve.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.