Microwave Nacho Bar
This is fun and interactive dish for parties. Make sure to confirm the plates you are using are microwave safe thought. Put out all the ingredients and let each person pick their favorite toppings.
Total cook time
- Multigrain tortilla chips with no more than 7 grams of fat per ounce (such as Tostitos Multigrain Scoops or Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Tortilla Chips)
Possible toppings for the nacho bar
- Beef Taco Mixture
- Shredded rotisserie chicken (no skin or bones)
- Canned beans of choice (fat free refried beans or drained and rinsed black or pinto beans)
- Shredded reduced fat or regular Jack cheese
- Shredded reduced fat or regular sharp cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Diced jalapeno or canned chili peppers
- Chopped vine-ripened tomatoes or prepared fresh salsa (in tubs)
- Chopped avocado or prepared guacamole
- Fat free or light sour cream or 0% plain Greek yogurt
Arrange the nacho ingredients listed above in separate containers to create a make-your-own nacho bar for your party. Set out microwave-safe plates
Encourage your guests to make their own microwave nachos by adding a single layer of multigrain tortilla chips to a microwave plate. They can top the chips with their favorite toppings starting with meat and beans and ending with green onions, chili peppers and cheese.
Microwave on HIGH for about a minute, watching it carefully. Microwave a little longer if needed until cheese is melted and meat and beans are hot.
Guests can then add desired cold toppings on top such as tomatoes, salsa, avocado and sour cream or Greek yogurt. Enjoy!
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.