Pumpkin & Apple Soup
Warm up with the creamy tastes of autumn with our Pumpkin & Apple Soup. Granny Smith apples bring a touch of sweetness and jalapeño adds a little heat. Pumpkin and cardamom give this soup the true flavor of fall.
Total cook time
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 large granny smith apple (peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1-2 jalapeños (diced into 1/2-inch pieces (remove seeds and ribs for less heat))
- 1 medium onion (diced into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (divided)
- 24 oz vegetable stock (divided)
- 1, 15-oz O Organics®100% pure pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Preheat a 4-quart sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and melt. Add apple, jalapeños, onion and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Stirring frequently, sauté until onions are translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium and add 8 ounces of the vegetable stock. Let simmer until apples are soft, about 8-10 minutes. Carefully purée in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Return to pan over medium-low heat and stir to incorporate remaining vegetable stock, pumpkin, cardamom, maple syrup and pepper. Heat soup through, about 5 minutes. Serve.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.