Summer Berry Crisp
The colors and tastes of summer come together in this lightened and dairy-free fruit crisp, perfect for a balanced, delicious, and seasonal dessert!
Total cook time
- 3-4 cups fresh berries and/or stone fruit (peaches, nectarines)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon tapioca or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup traditional rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon coconut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon flax meal
Grease baking dish or cast-iron skillet.
Preheat oven to 350°
Combine fruit, vanilla, orange zest, salt, tapioca (or flour) in large bowl. If using frozen fruit, increase tapioca or flour by 1 tablespoon.
Toss to evenly coat.
In second medium bowl, add topping ingredients and mix with fork until rough clumps form.
Pour fruit mixture in a baking dish and sprinkle evenly with topping.
Bake 20 - 30 minutes until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
Serve with CocoWhip.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.