Sweet Potato Flats
Healthy eating never tasted so good! These appetizers will be the first thing to disappear at your next party. Crisp pears and savory sweet potatoes are complemented by the bite of gorgonzola and crunchy pecans.
Total cook time
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds)
- 2 tablespoons O Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pear (cored and cut into thin slices)
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (toasted)
Preheat oven to 450º. In a large mixing bowl, add sweet potato slices and drizzle with olive, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Place rounds flat on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast 18-22 minutes, turning once halfway through. Remove from oven and top with Gorgonzola cheese. Return to oven for 1-2 minutes for Gorgonzola to soften.
Remove from oven and top with pear slices and toasted pecans. Serve warm.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.